1. For the leader; a psalm with stringed instruments. A song of Asaph.
2. Renowned in Judah is God, whose name is great in Israel.
3. On Salem is God's tent, a shelter on Zion.
4. There the flashing arrows were shattered, shield, sword, and weapons of war. Selah
5. Terrible and awesome are you, stronger than the ancient mountains.
6. Despoiled are the bold warriors; they sleep their final sleep; the hands of all the mighty have failed.
7. At your roar, O God of Jacob, chariots and steeds lay still.
8. So terrible and awesome are you; who can stand before you and your great anger?
9. From the heavens you pronounced sentence; the earth was terrified and reduced to silence,
10. When you arose, O God, for judgment to deliver the afflicted of the land. Selah
11. Even wrathful Edom praises you; the remnant of Hamath keeps your feast.
12. Make and keep vows to the LORD your God. May all present bring gifts to this awesome God,
13. Who checks the pride of princes, inspires awe among the kings of earth.