1. For the leader. A psalm of David.
2. O God, hear my anguished voice; from the foes I dread protect my life.
3. Hide me from the malicious crowd, the mob of evildoers.
4. They sharpen their tongues like swords, ready their bows for arrows of poison words.
5. They shoot at the innocent from ambush, shoot without risk, catch them unawares.
6. They resolve on their wicked plan; they conspire to set snares; they say: "Who will see us?"
7. They devise wicked schemes, conceal the schemes they devise; the designs of their hearts are hidden.
8. But God will shoot arrows at them and strike them unawares.
9. They will be brought down by their own tongues; all who see them will shake their heads.
10. Then all will fear and proclaim God's deed, pondering what has been done.
11. The just will rejoice and take refuge in the LORD; all the upright will glory in their God.