1. [For the choirmaster Song Psalm] Acclaim God, all the earth,
2. sing psalms to the glory of his name, glorify him with your praises,
3. say to God, 'How awesome you are! 'Your achievements are the measure of your power, your enemies woo your favour,
4. all the earth bows down before you, sings psalms to you, sings psalms to your name.'Pause
5. Come and see the marvels of God, his awesome deeds for the children of Adam:
6. he changed the sea into dry land, they crossed the river on foot. So let us rejoice in him,
7. who rules for ever by his power; his eyes keep watch on the nations to forestall rebellion against him.Pause
8. Nations, bless our God, let the sound of his praise be heard;
9. he brings us to life and keeps our feet from stumbling.
10. God, you have put us to the test, refined us like silver,
11. let us fall into the net; you have put a heavy strain on our backs,
12. let men ride over our heads; but now the ordeal by fire and water is over, you have led us out to breathe again.
13. I bring burnt offerings to your house, I fulfil to you my vows,
14. the vows that rose to my lips, that I pronounced when I was in trouble.
15. I will offer you rich burnt offerings, with the smoke of burning rams. I will sacrifice to you bullocks and goats.Pause
16. Come and listen, all who fear God, while I tell what he has done for me.
17. To him I cried aloud, high praise was on my tongue.
18. Had I been aware of guilt in my heart, the Lord would not have listened,
19. but in fact God did listen, attentive to the sound of my prayer.
20. Blessed be God who has not turned away my prayer, nor his own faithful love from me.