1. [For the choirmaster On the octachord Psalm Of David] Help, Yahweh! No one loyal is left, the faithful have vanished from among the children of Adam.
2. Friend tells lies to friend, and, smooth-tongued, speaks from an insincere heart.
3. May Yahweh cut away every smooth lip, every boastful tongue,
4. those who say, 'In our tongue lies our strength, our lips are our allies; who can master us?'
5. 'For the poor who are plundered, the needy who groan, now will I act,' says Yahweh, 'I will grant salvation to those who sigh for it.'
6. Yahweh's promises are promises unalloyed, natural silver which comes from the earth seven times refined.
7. You, Yahweh, will watch over them, you will protect them from that brood for ever.
8. The wicked will scatter in every direction, as the height of depravity among the children of Adam.