1. Have you been chosen to preside at a party? Don't give yourself airs! Just be like everyone else in the group; see to their needs and then sit down.
2. When you have done what you should, take your place and enjoy yourself with the others. They will congratulate you for a job well done.
3. If you are older, speak as befits your age, but know what you are talking about and do not interrupt the music.
4. If there is a concert, refrain from speaking; it is not the time for playing the wise man.
5. A musical concert at a wine banquet is like a ruby set in gold.
6. As an emerald signet set in a work of gold, so is the music with good wine.
7. If you are young, speak if you have to, but not more than twice and only if requested.
8. Keep to the point and say it all in a few words. Show that you are well informed but not over-anxious to speak.
9. Do not try to be the equal of eminent people and do not chat when someone else is speaking.
10. As lightning goes before thunder, the reputation of a modest man goes before him.
11. Leave the party at the right time and do not be slow about it; no lingering, go straight home!
12. There you may relax and do as you please, but do not sin by bragging.
13. And thank your Creator for the enjoyment of all good things.
14. Whoever fears the Lord will accept his correction, and those who rise at dawn will win his favor.
15. The man who follows his Law will be nourished by it, but the hypocrite will find it a stumbling block.
16. Those who fear the Lord will please him and their good deeds will shine as a light.
17. The sinner refuses correction and excuses himself for doing what he wants.
18. A person of judgment reflects beforehand; the stubborn and proud man goes ahead without worrying about anything.
19. Never act without first reflecting, and you will have no regrets.
20. Do not go along a rough road lest you stumble on stones.
21. And do not be too sure of your step on a smooth path.
22. Beware even of your own children.
23. Be careful in whatever you do. In so doing you keep the commandments.
24. Those who trust in the Law will keep the commandments and those who obey the Lord will come to no harm.