1. Listen to wisdom singing her own praises and extolling herself in the midst of her people.
2. See, she opens her mouth in the assembly of the Most High, she glories in herself before the Almighty.
3. I came out from the mouth of God and covered the face of the earth like a mist; although
4. my dwelling place is in the highest heavens, my throne is within a pillar of cloud.
5. I alone have seen and understood the vault of the skies and strolled through the depths of the abyss,
6. taking possession of the raging sea and of the earth as well, with all its peoples and nations.
7. In all of these, I looked for a place to rest; in which territory would I set up my abode?
8. Then the creator of the universe commanded me, he who created me assigned the place of my rest, "Pitch your tent in Jacob; Israel will be your homeland."
9. He created me from the beginning, before time began, and I will never cease to be,
10. I celebrate in his presence the liturgy of his Holy Dwelling and this is why I settled in Zion.
11. The Lord let me rest in his beloved city and Jerusalem is the heart of my kingdom.
12. I took root in the people God has favored, in the land of the Lord, in their inheritance.
13. I grew like a cedar in Lebanon, as the cypress on Mount Hermon.
14. I grew like the palm trees in Engedi and the rosebuds of Jericho; as a magnificent olive on the plains and like a plane tree I grew tall.
15. I poured out my perfume like a fragrant flower, like exquisite myrrh I have given choice scent; like fragrant plants and as the smoke of incense which burns in the Sanctuary of God.
16. I spread out my branches like a vine; these are Glory and Grace.
17. As a vine I put out graceful shoots and my blossoms are riches and glory.
19. Come to me, you who desire me and take your fill of my fruits.
20. To experience me is sweeter than honey and to possess me sweeter than any honeycomb.
21. Those who eat me will hunger still; those who drink me will thirst for more.
22. Those who obey me will not be put to shame; those who serve me will not fall into sin.
23. All this is in the Bible, the Testament of the Most High God, the book of the Law which Moses entrusted to us, the inheritance of the congregations of Israel.
25. This Law feeds the springs of wisdom, like the Pishon or Tigris in the season of fruit.
26. Waters overflowing with understanding come from it, as from the Euphrates and Jordan at harvest time;
27. the floods of instruction run like the Nile or the Gihon in time of vintage.
28. He who comes first is unable to grasp her fully and neither will the last exhaust her.
29. For her thoughts are wider than the sea and her designs, deeper than the abyss.
30. I, for my part, went forth like a brook from a river, a stream diverted into a delightful garden.
31. I thought, "Let me irrigate my orchard and water my flowers." But now my brook has grown into a river and the river, into a sea.
32. May my teaching shine forth like the dawn; may I carry its light to faraway places.
33. I will spread my teaching like a prophecy and leave it to future generations.
34. See, all of you, that I have not worked for myself alone but for all those who seek wisdom.