0. To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. A Psalm of David.
1. Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer;
2. from the end of the earth I call to thee, when my heart is faint. Lead thou me to the rock that is higher than I;
3. for thou art my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy.
4. Let me dwell in thy tent for ever! Oh to be safe under the shelter of thy wings! [Selah]
5. For thou, O God, hast heard my vows, thou hast given me the heritage of those who fear thy name.
6. Prolong the life of the king; may his years endure to all generations!
7. May he be enthroned for ever before God; bid steadfast love and faithfulness watch over him!
8. So will I ever sing praises to thy name, as I pay my vows day after day.