0. To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.
1. Deliver me, O LORD, from evil men; preserve me from violent men,
2. who plan evil things in their heart, and stir up wars continually.
3. They make their tongue sharp as a serpent's, and under their lips is the poison of vipers. [Selah]
4. Guard me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from violent men, who have planned to trip up my feet.
5. Arrogant men have hidden a trap for me, and with cords they have spread a net, by the wayside they have set snares for me. [Selah]
6. I say to the LORD, Thou art my God; give ear to the voice of my supplications, O LORD!
7. O LORD, my Lord, my strong deliverer, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
8. Grant not, O LORD, the desires of the wicked; do not further his evil plot! [Selah]
9. Those who surround me lift up their head, let the mischief of their lips overwhelm them!
10. Let burning coals fall upon them! Let them be cast into pits, no more to rise!
11. Let not the slanderer be established in the land; let evil hunt down the violent man speedily!
12. I know that the LORD maintains the cause of the afflicted, and executes justice for the needy.
13. Surely the righteous shall give thanks to thy name; the upright shall dwell in thy presence.