0. To the choirmaster: for the flutes. A Psalm of David.
1. Give ear to my words, O LORD; give heed to my groaning.
2. Hearken to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for to thee do I pray.
3. O LORD, in the morning thou dost hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for thee, and watch.
4. For thou art not a God who delights in wickedness; evil may not sojourn with thee.
5. The boastful may not stand before thy eyes; thou hatest all evildoers.
6. Thou destroyest those who speak lies; the LORD abhors bloodthirsty and deceitful men.
7. But I through the abundance of thy steadfast love will enter thy house, I will worship toward thy holy temple in the fear of thee.
8. Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of my enemies; make thy way straight before me.
9. For there is no truth in their mouth; their heart is destruction, their throat is an open sepulchre, they flatter with their tongue.
10. Make them bear their guilt, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; because of their many transgressions cast them out, for they have rebelled against thee.
11. But let all who take refuge in thee rejoice, let them ever sing for joy; and do thou defend them, that those who love thy name may exult in thee.
12. For thou dost bless the righteous, O LORD; thou dost cover him with favor as with a shield.