0. A Psalm of David.
1. To thee, O LORD, I call; my rock, be not deaf to me, lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like those who go down to the Pit.
2. Hear the voice of my supplication, as I cry to thee for help, as I lift up my hands toward thy most holy sanctuary.
3. Take me not off with the wicked, with those who are workers of evil, who speak peace with their neighbors, while mischief is in their hearts.
4. Requite them according to their work, and according to the evil of their deeds; requite them according to the work of their hands; render them their due reward.
5. Because they do not regard the works of the LORD, or the work of his hands, he will break them down and build them up no more.
6. Blessed be the LORD! for he has heard the voice of my supplications.
7. The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts; so I am helped, and my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.
8. The LORD is the strength of his people, he is the saving refuge of his anointed.
9. O save thy people, and bless thy heritage; be thou their shepherd, and carry them for ever.