0. A Psalm. A Song for the Sabbath.
1. It is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to thy name, O Most High;
2. to declare thy steadfast love in the morning, and thy faithfulness by night,
3. to the music of the lute and the harp, to the melody of the lyre.
4. For thou, O LORD, hast made me glad by thy work; at the works of thy hands I sing for joy.
5. How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6. The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:
7. that, though the wicked sprout like grass and all evildoers flourish, they are doomed to destruction for ever,
8. but thou, O LORD, art on high for ever.
9. For, lo, thy enemies, O LORD, for, lo, thy enemies shall perish; all evildoers shall be scattered.
10. But thou hast exalted my horn like that of the wild ox; thou hast poured over me fresh oil.
11. My eyes have seen the downfall of my enemies, my ears have heard the doom of my evil assailants.
12. The righteous flourish like the palm tree, and grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13. They are planted in the house of the LORD, they flourish in the courts of our God.
14. They still bring forth fruit in old age, they are ever full of sap and green,
15. to show that the LORD is upright; he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.