0. To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.
1. Blessed is he who considers the poor! The LORD delivers him in the day of trouble;
2. the LORD protects him and keeps him alive; he is called blessed in the land; thou dost not give him up to the will of his enemies.
3. The LORD sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness thou healest all his infirmities.
4. As for me, I said, "O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against thee!"
5. My enemies say of me in malice: "When will he die, and his name perish?"
6. And when one comes to see me, he utters empty words, while his heart gathers mischief; when he goes out, he tells it abroad.
7. All who hate me whisper together about me; they imagine the worst for me.
8. They say, "A deadly thing has fastened upon him; he will not rise again from where he lies."
9. Even my bosom friend in whom I trusted, who ate of my bread, has lifted his heel against me.
10. But do thou, O LORD, be gracious to me, and raise me up, that I may requite them!
11. By this I know that thou art pleased with me, in that my enemy has not triumphed over me.
12. But thou hast upheld me because of my integrity, and set me in thy presence for ever.
13. Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting! Amen and Amen.