0. A Song of Ascents. Of Solomon.
1. Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
2. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.
3. Lo, sons are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.
4. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the sons of one's youth.
5. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.