0. To the choirmaster: according to Do Not Destroy. A Miktam of David, when he fled from Saul, in the cave.
1. Be merdiful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in thee my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of thy wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by.
2. I cry to God Most High, to God who fulfils his purpose for me.
3. He will send from heaven and save me, he will put to shame those who trample upon me. [Selah] God will send forth his steadfast love and his faithfulness!
4. I lie in the midst of lions that greedily devour the sons of men; their teeth are spears and arrows, their tongues sharp swords.
5. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let thy glory be over all the earth!
6. They set a net for my steps; my soul was bowed down. They dug a pit in my way, but they have fallen into it themselves. [Selah]
7. My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast! I will sing and make melody!
8. Awake, my soul! Awake, O harp and lyre! I will awake the dawn!
9. I will give thanks to thee, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to thee among the nations.
10. For thy steadfast love is great to the heavens, thy faithfulness to the clouds.
11. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let thy glory be over all the earth!