0. To the choirmaster: according to Do Not Destroy. A Psalm of Asaph. A Song.
1. We give thanks to thee, O God; we give thanks; we call on thy name and recount thy wondrous deeds.
2. At the set time which I appoint I will judge with equity.
3. When the earth totters, and all its inhabitants, it is I who keep steady its pillars. [Selah]
4. I say to the boastful, "Do not boast," and to the wicked, "Do not lift up your horn;
5. do not lift up your horn on high, or speak with insolent neck."
6. For not from the east or from the west and not from the wilderness comes lifting up;
7. but it is God who executes judgment, putting down one and lifting up another.
8. For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, with foaming wine, well mixed; and he will pour a draught from it, and all the wicked of the earth shall drain it down to the dregs.
9. But I will rejoice for ever, I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
10. All the horns of the wicked he will cut off, but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.