1. A psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
2. O God, you are my God-- for you I long! For you my body yearns; for you my soul thirsts, Like a land parched, lifeless, and without water.
3. So I look to you in the sanctuary to see your power and glory.
4. For your love is better than life; my lips offer you worship!
5. I will bless you as long as I live; I will lift up my hands, calling on your name.
6. My soul shall savor the rich banquet of praise, with joyous lips my mouth shall honor you!
7. When I think of you upon my bed, through the night watches I will recall
8. That you indeed are my help, and in the shadow of your wings I shout for joy.
9. My soul clings fast to you; your right hand upholds me.
10. But those who seek my life will come to ruin; they shall go down to the depths of the earth!
11. They shall be handed over to the sword and become the prey of jackals!
12. But the king shall rejoice in God; all who swear by the Lord shall exult, for the mouths of liars will be shut!