1. [Of David Poem] How blessed are those whose offence is forgiven, whose sin blotted out.
2. How blessed are those to whom Yahweh imputes no guilt, whose spirit harbours no deceit.
3. I said not a word, but my bones wasted away from groaning all the day;
4. day and night your hand lay heavy upon me; my heart grew parched as stubble in summer drought.Pause
5. I made my sin known to you, did not conceal my guilt. I said, 'I shall confess my offence to Yahweh.' And you, for your part, took away my guilt, forgave my sin.Pause
6. That is why each of your faithful ones prays to you in time of distress. Even if great floods overflow, they will never reach your faithful.
7. You are a refuge for me, you guard me in trouble, with songs of deliverance you surround me.Pause
8. I shall instruct you and teach you the way to go; I shall not take my eyes off you.
9. Be not like a horse or a mule; that does not understand bridle or bit; if you advance to master them, there is no means of bringing them near.
10. Countless troubles are in store for the wicked, but one who trusts in Yahweh is enfolded in his faithful love.
11. Rejoice in Yahweh, exult all you upright, shout for joy, you honest of heart.