1. [For the choirmaster Of David] In Yahweh I have found refuge. How can you say to me, 'Bird, flee to your mountain?
2. 'For look, the wicked are drawing their bows, fitting their arrows to the string to shoot honest men from the shadows.
3. If the foundations fall to ruin, what can the upright do?'
4. Yahweh in his holy temple! Yahweh, his throne is in heaven; his eyes watch over the world, his gaze scrutinises the children of Adam.
5. Yahweh examines the upright and the wicked, the lover of violence he detests.
6. He will rain down red-hot coals, fire and sulphur on the wicked, a scorching wind will be their lot.
7. For Yahweh is upright and loves uprightness, the honest will ever see his face.