1. Awake, awake! Put on your strength, O Zion; put on your glorious garments, O Jerusalem, holy city. For never will the uncircumcised or the unclean enter you again.
2. Shake the dust off yourself and rise up, O Jerusalem. Loose the bonds from your neck, O captive Daughter of Zion.
3. For thus says Yahweh: You were sold for no amount, you will be redeemed without money.
4. Thus says the Lord God: In the beginning my people lived as aliens in Egypt; then Assyria oppressed them without reason.
5. But now, what am I doing here? says Yahweh. My people have been carried off for no money and their masters make a boast of it; all day long my name is scorned.
6. Therefore my people will know my name; therefore they will know on that day that it is I who say: "Here I am!"
7. How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who herald peace and happiness, who proclaim salvation and announce to Zion: "Your God is king!"
8. Together your watchmen raise their voices in praise and song; they see Yahweh face to face returning to Zion.
9. Break into shouts of joy, O ruins of Jerusalem, for Yahweh consoles his people and redeems Jerusalem.
10. Yahweh has bared his holy arm in the eyes of the nations; all the ends of the earth, in alarm, will witness God's salvation.
11. Depart, depart from that nation, come out! Touch nothing unclean. Purify yourselves, you who bear all Yahweh's holy vessels.
12. Yet not in escape, or in fright, will you come out, you will not leave in headlong flight; for ahead is Yahweh, your vanguard, and behind, the God of Israel, your rearguard.
13. It is now when my servant will succeed; he will be exalted and highly praised.
14. Just as many have been horrified at his disfigured appearance: "Is this a man? He does not look like one,"
15. so will nations be astounded, kings will stand speechless, for they will see something never told, they will witness something never heard of.