1. [Psalm Canticle for the Dedication of the House Of David] I praise you to the heights, Yahweh, for you have raised me up, you have not let my foes make merry over me.
2. Yahweh, my God, I cried to you for help and you healed me.
3. Yahweh, you have lifted me out of Sheol, from among those who sink into oblivion you have given me life.
4. Make music for Yahweh, all you who are faithful to him, praise his unforgettable holiness.
5. His anger lasts but a moment, his favour through life; In the evening come tears, but with dawn cries of joy.
6. Carefree, I used to think, 'Nothing can ever shake me!'
7. Your favour, Yahweh, set me on impregnable heights, but you turned away your face and I was terrified.
8. To you, Yahweh, I call, to my God I cry for mercy.
9. What point is there in my death, my going down to the abyss? Can the dust praise you or proclaim your faithfulness?
10. Listen, Yahweh, take pity on me, Yahweh, be my help!
11. You have turned my mourning into dancing, you have stripped off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy.
12. So my heart will sing to you unceasingly, Yahweh, my God, I shall praise you for ever.