1. Do not rely on your wealth. Do not say, "I am self-sufficient."
2. Do not let yourself be carried away by greed and violence; they would make you their slave.
3. Do not say, "Who can stop me?" For the Lord has power to punish you.
4. Do not say, "I have sinned and nothing has happened!" For the Lord bides his time.
5. Do not be so sure of pardon when you are heaping sin upon sin.
6. Do not say, "His compassion is great! He will forgive the vast number of my sins!" For with him is mercy but also anger; his fury will be poured out on sinners.
7. Do not delay your return to the Lord, do not put it off from day to day. For suddenly the anger of the Lord will blaze forth and you will perish on the day of reckoning.
8. Do not rely on riches wrongfully acquired for they will be of no use to you on the day of wrath.
9. Do not be swayed by every wind nor try to walk by every path, as does the sinner who is accustomed to lie.
10. Remain firm in your convictions, and be consistent in your speech.
11. Be ready to listen, and know how to wait before giving your reply.
12. If you know what you are saying, answer your neighbor; if not, it is better to say nothing.
13. Your words can bring you honor and dishonor; a man's tongue brings about his downfall.
14. Do not let yourself be known as a scandalmonger or a deceiver. For if shame is the lot of the robber, severe condemnation is the lot of the liar.
15. Do not sin in big things nor in little things, and from being a friend do not turn into an enemy. An evil reputation brings in its train shame and disgrace; such is the lot of the sinner who is accustomed to lying.