1. Happy the one who has not sinned in speech or who feels no remorse for his faults.
2. Happy is he whose own conscience does not condemn him and who has not fallen from his ideals.
3. Wealth does not befit the small-minded man; why would you give the greedy man riches?
4. He who hoards, depriving himself, is hoarding for others: others will enjoy his goods.
5. He who is mean to himself, with whom will he be good? He does not even enjoy his own riches.
6. There is nothing worse than one who is mean to himself, this is how his evil repays him.
7. If he does good, he does it without realizing it but, in the end, his evil will be revealed.
8. Evil is the greedy-eyed man who does not pay attention to persons and looks down on people.
9. The ambitious man is not content with what he has, wicked injustice shrivels up the heart.
10. The envious eye covets the food of others; there will be misery and famine at his table.
11. My son, use well whatever you have and give worthy offerings to the Lord.
12. Remember that death will not delay and your time has not yet been revealed to you.
13. Be good to your friend before you die and be generous to him in any way you can.
14. Enjoy happiness and do not reject lawful pleasure when it comes your way.
15. Will you not have to leave to another the fruit of your works? The fruit of your labor, will it not be shared out by lot?
16. Give, take and treat yourself well, for in the netherworld there are no pleasures to seek.
17. All living things grow old like clothing. This is the eternal law: "You will die."
18. Like green leaves on a bushy tree: some sprout and others fall off, so are the generations of flesh and blood: one dies and another is born.
19. All finite things pass away and their maker with them.
20. Happy the one who is intent on wisdom and who can reply to those who question him;
21. who makes his own the ways of wisdom and meditates on her secrets;
22. who pursues her like a hunter, lies in wait by her paths,
23. peeps in at her windows and listens at her doors;
24. he sets up camp near her house, fixing his stakes in her walls.
25. He places his tent in the hands of wisdom; he stays in a happy lodging.
26. He places his sons beneath her protection and finds shelter beneath her branches.
27. He is shaded by her from the heat and makes his camp in her glory.