1. Issachar had four sons: Tola, Puah, Jashub, and Shimron.
2. Tola had six sons: Uzzi, Rephaiah, Jeriel, Jahmai, Ibsam, and Shemuel. They were heads of families of the clan of Tola and famous warriors. In the time of David, the descendants numbered 22,600. Uzzi had one son, Izrahiah.
3. Izrahiah had four sons: Michael, Obadiah, Joel, and Isshiah. All five of these were chiefs
4. and they were obliged to enlist their troops: 36,000 men, for they had many wives and children.
5. The family records of all the clans of Issachar listed a total of 87,000 men able to give military service.
6. Benjamin had three sons: Bela, Becher, and Jediael.
7. Bela had five sons: Ezbon, Uzzi, Uzziel, Jeri-moth and Iri. They were heads of families in the clan and famous warriors. Their family records listed 22,034 men able to give military service.
8. Becher had nine sons: Zemirah, Joash, Eliezer, Elioenai, Omri, Jeremoth, Abijah, Anathoth, and Alemeth.
9. Their family records listed 17,200 men able to give military service. Shuppin and Huppin also belonged to this tribe.
10. Jediael had one son, Bilhan who had seven sons: Jeush, Benjamin, Ehud, Chenaanah, Zethan, Tarshish, and Ahishahar.
11. They were heads of families in the clan and famous warriors.
12. Shuppin and Huppin also belong to this tribe.
13. Naphtali had four sons: Jahziel, Guni, Jezer, and Shallum. They were descendants of Bilhan.
14. Manasseh had Asriel by his Aramean concubine. She gave birth also to Machir, father of Gilead.
15. Gilead was the father of Iefer and Eeleg. The son of Iefer was Zelophehad. Zelophehad had only daughters.
16. Maacah, wife of Machir, gave birth to two sons, whom they named Peresh and Sheresh. Peresh had two sons: Ulam and Rakem.
17. Ulam had a son named Bedan. These were the descendants of Gilead, the son of Machir and grandson of Manasseh.
18. Gilead's sister Molecheth had three sons: Ishhod, Abiezer, and Mahlah.
19. Shemida had four sons: Ahian, Shechem, Likhi and Aniam.
20. These are the descendants of Ephraim from one generation to the next: Shuthelah, Bered, Tahath, Eleadah, Tahath, Zabad, Shuthelah. Ephraim's two other sons, Ezer and Elead,
21. were killed when they tried to steal the cattle belonging to the people of Gath.
22. Ephraim, their father, mourned for them for a long time and his brothers came to comfort him.
23. Then Ephraim went to his wife, and she conceived and gave birth to a son whom she called Beriah, because of the trouble that had come to their family.
24. Beriah's daughter, Sheerah, built Lower and Upper Beth-horon and Uzzen-sheerah. Ephraim also had a son named Rephah. The descendants of
25. Rephah were as follows: Resheph, Telah, Tahan,
26. Ladan, Ammihud, Elishama,
27. Nun, Joshua.
28. They had lands and settlements in Bethel and its towns, in Naasan to the east in Gezep and its towns to the west, Shechem and its towns, as far as Ayyah and its towns.
29. Bethshean, Taanach, Megiddo, Dor, each with its towns, were controlled by the descendants of Manasseh. In all these places lived the descendants of Joseph, son of Jacob.
30. Asher had four sons: Imnah, Ishvah, Ishvi, and Beriah; and one daughter, Serah.
31. Sons of Beriah: Heber and Malchiel. Malchiel was the father of Birzaith.
32. Heber had three sons: Japhlet, Shomer and Hotham; and one daughter Shura.
33. Japhlet had three sons: Pasah, Bimhal and Ashvath.
34. Shomar, his brother, also had three sons: Rohgah, Hubbah and Aram.
35. His brother Hotham had four sons: Zophah, Imna, Shelesh, and Amal.
36. The sons of Zophal were: Suah, Harnepher, Shual, Beri and Imrah,
37. Bezer, Hod, Shamma, Shilshah, Ithran and Beerah.
38. The sons of Ulla were descendants of Asher. They were heads of families, and famous warriors; Asher's descendants included 26,000 men able to give military service.