1. The sons of Issachar were Tola, Puah, Jashub, and Shimron: four.
2. The sons of Tola were Uzzi, Rephaiah, Jeriel, Jahmai, Ibsam, and Shemuel, warrior heads of the ancestral houses of Tola. Their kindred numbered twenty-two thousand six hundred in the time of David.
3. The sons of Uzzi: Izarahiah. The sons of Izarahiah were Michael, Obadiah, Joel, and Isshiah. All five of these were chiefs.
4. Their kindred, by ancestral houses, numbered thirty-six thousand men in organized military troops, since they had more wives and sons
5. than their fellow tribesmen. In all the clans of Issachar there was a total of eighty-seven thousand warriors in their family records.
6. The sons of Benjamin were Bela, Becher, and Jediael--three.
7. The sons of Bela were Ezbon, Uzzi, Uzziel, Jerimoth, and Iri--five. They were heads of their ancestral houses and warriors. Their family records listed twenty-two thousand and thirty-four.
8. The sons of Becher were Zemirah, Joash, Eliezer, Elioenai, Omri, Jeremoth, Abijah, Anathoth, and Alemeth--all these were sons of Becher.
9. Their family records listed twenty thousand two hundred of their kindred who were heads of their ancestral houses and warriors.
10. The sons of Jediael: Bilhan. The sons of Bilhan were Jeush, Benjamin, Ehud, Chenaanah, Zethan, Tarshish, and Ahishahar.
11. All these were descendants of Jediael, heads of ancestral houses and warriors. They numbered seventeen thousand two hundred men fit for military service. . . Shupham and Hupham.
12. The sons of Dan: Hushim.
13. The sons of Naphtali were Jahziel, Guni, Jezer, and Shallum. These were descendants of Bilhah.
14. The sons of Manasseh, whom his Aramean concubine bore: she bore Machir, the father of Gilead.
15. Machir took a wife whose name was Maacah; his sister's name was Molecheth. Manasseh's second son was named Zelophehad, but to Zelophehad only daughters were born.
16. Maacah, Machir's wife, bore a son whom she named Peresh. He had a brother named Sheresh, whose sons were Ulam and Rakem.
17. The sons of Ulam: Bedan. These were the descendants of Gilead, the son of Machir, the son of Manasseh.
18. His sister Molecheth bore Ishhod, Abiezer, and Mahlah.
19. The sons of Shemida were Ahian, Shechem, Likhi, and Aniam.
20. The sons of Ephraim: Shuthelah, whose son was Bered, whose son was Tahath, whose son was Eleadah, whose son was Tahath,
21. whose son was Zabad. Ephraim's son Shuthelah, and Ezer and Elead, who were born in the land, were slain by the inhabitants of Gath because they had gone down to take away their livestock.
22. Their father Ephraim mourned a long time, but after his kinsmen had come and comforted him,
23. he visited his wife, who conceived and bore a son whom he named Beriah, since evil had befallen his house.
24. He had a daughter, Sheerah, who built lower and upper Beth-horon and Uzzen-sheerah.
25. Zabad's son was Rephah, whose son was Resheph, whose son was Telah, whose son was Tahan,
26. whose son was Ladan, whose son was Ammihud, whose son was Elishama,
27. whose son was Nun, whose son was Joshua.
28. Their property and their dwellings were in Bethel and its towns, Naaran to the east, Gezer and its towns to the west, and also Shechem and its towns as far as Ayyah and its towns.
29. Manasseh, however, had possession of Beth-shean and its towns, Taanach and its towns, Megiddo and its towns, and Dor and its towns. In these dwelt the descendants of Joseph, the son of Israel.
30. The sons of Asher were Imnah, Iishvah, Ishvi, and Beriah; their sister was Serah.
31. Beriah's sons were Heber and Malchiel, who was the father of Birzaith.
32. Heber became the father of Japhlet, Shomer, Hotham, and their sister Shua.
33. The sons of Japhlet were Pasach, Bimhal, and Ashvath; these were the sons of Japhlet.
34. The sons of Shomer were Ahi, Rohgah, Jehubbah, and Aram.
35. The sons of his brother Hotham were Zophah, Imna, Shelesh, and Amal.
36. The sons of Zophah were Suah, Harnepher, Shual, Beri, Imrah,
37. Bezer, Hod, Shamma, Shilshah, Ithran, and Beera.
38. The sons of Jether were Jephunneh, Pispa, and Ara.
39. The sons of Ulla were Arah, Hanniel, and Rizia.
40. All these were descendants of Asher, heads of ancestral houses, distinguished men, warriors, and chiefs among the princes. Their family records numbered twenty-six thousand men fit for military service.