1 Chronicles, 13
1. David consulted with the commanders of thousands, of hundreds, and with all the leaders.
2. To the whole assembly of Israel David said, "If you agree and if Yahweh our God wills it so, we will send messengers to the rest of our brothers throughout the territories of Israel, and also to the priests and Levites in their towns and nearby lands, and tell them to gather here with us.
3. We will then go and get the ark of our God, for in the time of Saul we neglected it."
4. They agreed to this, for in the eyes of all the people it was the right thing to do.
5. So David gathered all the people together from the Shihor of Egypt to the Pass of Hamath to bring the ark of God from Kiriath-jearim.
6. Then David and all Israel went up to Baalah, to Kiriath-jearim in Judah, to bring up the ark of God which bears the name of Yahweh who is seated on the Cherub.
7. At Abinadab's house they placed the ark of God on a new cart. Uzziah and Ahio were leading the cart.
8. David and all Israel danced before God with all their might, singing to the accompaniment of lyres, harps, tambourines, cymbals, and trumpets.
9. When they came to the threshing floor of the Javelin, the oxen stumbled, and Uzzah stretched out his hand and took hold of the ark.
10. Then the anger of Yahweh blazed out against Uzzah, and he killed him because he had laid his hand on the ark, and he died there in the presence of God.
11. David was disturbed that Yahweh had punished Uzzah in anger, and so that place has been called Perez-uzzah ever since.
12. David went in fear of God that day and said, "How can I bring the ark of God to my home?"
13. So David did not take the ark home to the City of David, but took it to the house of a man named Obed-edom of Gath.
14. The ark of God remained with the family of Obed-edom, in his house, for three months, and Yahweh blessed the family of Obed-edom and everything that belonged to him.