1 Chronicles, 18
1. After this, David defeated the Philistines and subdued them, taking Gath and its outlying villages.
2. He also defeated the Moabites; the Moabites became subject to David, paying him taxes.
3. At Hamath David defeated Hadadezer, king of Zobah, who was trying to gain control of the territory by the river Euphrates.
4. David captured one thousand chariots, seven thousand horsemen and twenty thousand foot soldiers from him; David hamstrung all the chariot teams, keeping only a hundred of them.
5. The Arameans of Damascus came to the help of Hadadezer, king of Zobah, but David killed twenty-two thousand men of the Arameans.
6. Then David established governors in Aram of Damascus, and the Arameans became subject to David, paying him taxes. Wherever David went, Yahweh gave him victory.
7. David took the golden shields of the guards of Hadadezer and brought them to Jerusalem.
8. From Tibhath and from Cun, towns belonging to Hadadezer, David took a great quantity of bronze; with this Solomon would make the bronze Sea and the bronze pillars and furnishings.
9. When Tou, king of Hamath, heard that David had defeated the entire army of Hadadezer, king of Zobah,
10. he sent his son Hadoram to King David to greet him and to congratulate him on fighting and defeating Hadadezer, since Hadadezer was the enemy of Tou. Hadoram brought articles of every kind in gold, silver and bronze,
11. which King David also consecrated to Yahweh together with the silver and gold he had taken from all the nations: Edom, Moab, Ammonites, Philistines, Amalek.
12. After that David defeated the Edomites in the Valley of Salt, eighteen thousand of them.
13. He imposed governors on Edom, and all the Edomites became subject to David. Wherever David went, Yahweh gave him victory.
14. David ruled over all Israel, administering law and justice to all his people.
15. Joab son of Zeruiah was in command of the army; Jehoshapat son of Ahilud was recorder;
16. Zadok son of Ahitub and Abiathar son of Ahimelech were priests; Shavsha was secretary;
17. Benaiah son of Jehoiada was in command of the Cheretites and Pelethites; David's sons were the chief assistants of the King.