1. A prayer of David. Hear me, LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and oppressed.
2. Preserve my life, for I am loyal; save your servant who trusts in you.
3. You are my God; pity me, Lord; to you I call all the day.
4. Gladden the soul of your servant; to you, Lord, I lift up my soul.
5. Lord, you are kind and forgiving, most loving to all who call on you.
6. LORD, hear my prayer; listen to my cry for help.
7. In this time of trouble I call, for you will answer me.
8. None among the gods can equal you, O Lord; nor can their deeds compare to yours.
9. All the nations you have made shall come to bow before you, Lord, and give honor to your name.
10. For you are great and do wondrous deeds; and you alone are God.
11. Teach me, LORD, your way that I may walk in your truth, single-hearted and revering your name.
12. I will praise you with all my heart, glorify your name forever, Lord my God.
13. Your love for me is great; you have rescued me from the depths of Sheol.
14. O God, the arrogant have risen against me; a ruthless band has sought my life; to you they pay no heed.
15. But you, Lord, are a merciful and gracious God, slow to anger, most loving and true.
16. Turn to me, have pity on me; give your strength to your servant; save this child of your handmaid.
17. Give me a sign of your favor: make my enemies see, to their confusion, that you, LORD, help and comfort me.