1. A song; a psalm of David
2. My heart is steadfast, God; my heart is steadfast. I will sing and chant praise.
3. Awake, my soul; awake, lyre and harp! I will wake the dawn.
4. I will praise you among the peoples, LORD; I will chant your praise among the nations.
5. For your love towers to the heavens; your faithfulness, to the skies.
6. Appear on high over the heavens, God; may your glory appear above all the earth.
7. Help with your right hand and answer us that your loved ones may escape.
8. God promised in the sanctuary: "I will exult, I will apportion Shechem; the valley of Succoth I will measure out.
9. Gilead is mine, mine is Manasseh; Ephraim is the helmet for my head, Judah, my own scepter.
10. Moab is my washbowl; upon Edom I cast my sandal; I will triumph over Philistia."
11. Who will bring me to the fortified city? Who will lead me into Edom?
12. Was it not you who rejected us, God? Do you no longer march with our armies?
13. Give us aid against the foe; worthless is human help.
14. We will triumph with the help of God, who will trample down our foes.