1. For the leader; al Jeduthun. A psalm of Asaph.
2. I cry aloud to God, cry to God to hear me.
3. On the day of my distress I seek the Lord; by night my hands are raised unceasingly; I refuse to be consoled.
4. When I think of God, I groan; as I ponder, my spirit grows faint. Selah
5. My eyes cannot close in sleep; I am troubled and cannot speak.
6. I consider the days of old; the years long past
7. I remember. In the night I meditate in my heart; I ponder and my spirit broods:
8. "Will the Lord reject us forever, never again show favor?
9. Has God's love ceased forever? Has the promise failed for all ages?
10. Has God forgotten mercy, in anger withheld compassion?" Selah
11. I conclude: "My sorrow is this, the right hand of the Most High has left us."
12. I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, your wonders of old I will remember.
13. I will recite all your works; your exploits I will tell.
14. Your way, O God, is holy; what god is as great as our God?
15. You alone are the God who did wonders; among the peoples you revealed your might.
16. With your arm you redeemed your people, the descendants of Jacob and Joseph. Selah
17. The waters saw you, God; the waters saw you and lashed about, trembled even to their depths.
18. The clouds poured down their rains; the thunderheads rumbled; your arrows flashed back and forth.
19. The thunder of your chariot wheels resounded; your lightning lit up the world; the earth trembled and quaked.
20. Through the sea was your path; your way, through the mighty waters, though your footsteps were unseen.
21. You led your people like a flock under the care of Moses and Aaron.