1. Of David The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom do I fear? The LORD is my life's refuge; of whom am I afraid?
2. When evildoers come at me to devour my flesh, These my enemies and foes themselves stumble and fall.
3. Though an army encamp against me, my heart does not fear; Though war be waged against me, even then do I trust.
4. One thing I ask of the LORD; this I seek: To dwell in the LORD'S house all the days of my life, To gaze on the LORD'S beauty, to visit his temple.
5. For God will hide me in his shelter in time of trouble, Will conceal me in the cover of his tent; and set me high upon a rock.
6. Even now my head is held high above my enemies on every side! I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and chant praise to the LORD.
7. I Hear my voice, LORD, when I call; have mercy on me and answer me.
8. "Come," says my heart, "seek God's face"; your face, LORD, do I seek!
9. Do not hide your face from me; do not repel your servant in anger. You are my help; do not cast me off; do not forsake me, God my savior!
10. Even if my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will take me in.
11. LORD, show me your way; lead me on a level path because of my enemies.
12. Do not abandon me to the will of my foes; malicious and lying witnesses have risen against me.
13. But I believe I shall enjoy the LORD'S goodness in the land of the living.
14. Wait for the LORD, take courage; be stouthearted, wait for the LORD!