1. For the leader; "upon the eighth." A psalm of David.
2. Help, LORD, for no one loyal remains; the faithful have vanished from the human race
3. Those who tell lies to one another speak with deceiving lips and a double heart.
4. May the LORD cut off all deceiving lips, and every boastful tongue,
5. Those who say, "By our tongues we prevail; when our lips speak, who can lord it over us?"
6. "Because they rob the weak, and the needy groan, I will now arise," says the LORD; "I will grant safety to whoever longs for it."
7. The promises of the LORD are sure, silver refined in a crucible, silver purified seven times.
8. LORD, protect us always; preserve us from this generation.
9. On every side the wicked strut; the shameless are extolled by all.