1. O Lord, remember David, and all his meekness.
2. How he swore to the Lord, he vowed a vow to the God of Jacob:
3. If I shall enter into the tabernacle of my house: if I shall go up into the bed wherein I lie:
4. If I shall give sleep to my eyes, or slumber to my eyelids,
5. Or rest to my temples: until I find out a place for the Lord, a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.
6. Behold we have heard of it in Ephrata: we have found it in the fields of the wood.
7. We will go into his tabernacle: We will adore in the place where his feet stood.
8. Arise, O Lord, into thy resting place: thou and the ark, which thou hast sanctified.
9. Let thy priests be clothed with justice: and let thy saints rejoice.
10. For thy servant David's sake, turn not away the face of thy anointed.
11. The Lord hath sworn truth to David, and he will not make it void: of the fruit of thy womb I will set upon thy throne.
12. If thy children will keep thy covenant, and these my testimonies which I shall teach them: Their children also for evermore shall sit upon thy throne.
13. For the Lord hath chosen Sion: he hath chosen it for his dwelling.
14. This is my rest for ever and ever: here will I dwell, for I have chosen it.
15. Blessing, I will bless her widow: I will satisfy her poor with bread.
16. I will clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall rejoice with exceeding great joy.
17. There will I bring forth a horn to David: I have prepared a lamp for my anointed.
18. His enemies I will clothe with confusion: but upon him will my sanctification flourish.