1. A Canticle in steps. O Lord, remember David and all his meekness,
2. how he swore to the Lord, how he made a vow to the God of Jacob:
3. I shall not enter into the tabernacle of my house, nor climb into the bed where I lie down;
4. I shall not give sleep to my eyes, nor slumber to my eyelids
5. and rest to my temples, until I find a place for the Lord, a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.
6. Behold, we heard of it in Ephrathah. We discovered it in the fields of the forest.
7. We will enter into his tabernacle. We will adore in the place where his feet stood.
8. Rise up, O Lord, into your resting place. You and the ark of your sanctification.
9. Let your priests be clothed with justice, and let your saints exult.
10. For the sake of your servant David, do not turn away the face of your Christ.
11. The Lord has sworn the truth to David, and he will not disappoint: I will set upon your throne from the fruit of your lineage.
12. If your sons will keep my covenant and these, my testimonies, which I will teach to them, then their sons will sit upon your throne even forever.
13. For the Lord has chosen Zion. He has chosen it as his dwelling place.
14. This is my resting place, forever and ever. Here I will dwell, for I have chosen it.
15. When blessing, I will bless her widow. I will satisfy her poor with bread.
16. I will clothe her priests with salvation, and her saints will rejoice with great joy.
17. There, I will produce a horn to David. There, I have prepared a lamp for my Christ.
18. I will clothe his enemies with confusion. But my sanctification will flourish over him.