1. A psalm of a canticle on the sabbath day.
2. It is good to give praise to the Lord: and to sing to thy name, O most High.
3. To shew forth thy mercy in the morning, and thy truth in the night:
4. Upon an instrument of ten strings, upon the psaltery: with a canticle upon the harp.
5. For thou hast given me, O Lord, a delight in thy doings: and in the works of thy hands I shall rejoice.
6. O Lord, how great are thy works! thy thoughts are exceeding deep.
7. The senseless man shall not know: nor will the fool understand these things.
8. When the wicked shall spring up as grass: and all the workers of iniquity shall appear: That they may perish for ever and ever:
9. but thou, O Lord, art most high for evermore.
10. For behold thy enemies, O Lord, for behold thy enemies shall perish: and all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.
11. But my horn shall be exalted like that of the unicorn: and my old age in plentiful mercy.
12. My eye also hath looked down upon my enemies: and my ear shall hear of the downfall of the malignant that rise up against me.
13. The just shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow up like the cedar of Libanus.
14. They that are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of the house of our God.
15. They shall still increase in a fruitful old age: and shall be well treated,
16. that they may shew, That the Lord our God is righteous, and there is no iniquity in him.