1. A psalm for David himself. Unto thee will I cry, O Lord: O my God, be not thou silent to me: lest thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.
2. Hear, O Lord, the voice of my supplication, when I pray to thee; when I lift up my hands to thy holy temple.
3. Draw me not away together with the wicked; and with the workers of iniquity destroy me not: Who speak peace with their neighbour, but evils are in their hearts.
4. Give them according to their works, and according to the wickedness of their inventions. According to the works of their hands give thou to them: render to them their reward.
5. Because they have not understood the works of the Lord, and the operations of his hands: thou shalt destroy them, and shalt not build them up.
6. Blessed be the Lord, for he hath heard the voice of my supplication.
7. The Lord is my helper and my protector: in him hath my heart confided, and I have been helped. And my flesh hath flourished again, and with my will I will give praise to him.
8. The Lord is the strength of his people, and the protector of the salvation of his anointed.
9. Save, O Lord, thy people, and bless thy inheritance: and rule them and exalt them for ever.