1. A Psalm of David. When he fled from the face of his son, Absalom.
2. Lord, why have those who trouble me been multiplied? Many rise up against me.
3. Many say to my soul, “There is no salvation for him in his God.”
4. But you, Lord, are my supporter, my glory, and the one who raises up my head.
5. I have cried out to the Lord with my voice, and he has heard me from his holy mountain.
6. I have slept, and I have been stupefied. But I awakened because the Lord has taken me up.
7. I will not fear the thousands of people surrounding me. Rise up, Lord. Save me, my God.
8. For you have struck all those who oppose me without cause. You have broken the teeth of sinners.
9. Salvation is of the Lord, and your blessing is upon your people.