0. A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son.
1. O LORD, how many are my foes! Many are rising against me;
2. many are saying of me, there is no help for him in God. [Selah]
3. But thou, O LORD, art a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.
4. I cry aloud to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy hill. [Selah]
5. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, for the LORD sustains me.
6. I am not afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about.
7. Arise, O LORD! Deliver me, O my God! For thou dost smite all my enemies on the cheek, thou dost break the teeth of the wicked.
8. Deliverance belongs to the LORD; thy blessing be upon thy people! [Selah]