1. O Lord, how great in number are my foes! How numerous are they who rise against me!
3. How many are they who say of my soul: "There is no help for him in God!"
4. But you are my shield, O Lord, my glory, you lift up my head.
5. Aloud I cry to the Lord, and from his holy hill he answers me.
6. If I lie down to sleep, again I awake, for the Lord supports me;
7. no fear of the thousands standing against me.
8. Arise, O Lord! Deliver me, O my God! You strike all my enemies on the jaw, you have broken the teeth of the wicked.
9. Salvation comes from the Lord. May your blessing be upon your people!