1. A Psalm of David himself. To you, Lord, I will cry out. My God, do not be silent toward me. For if you remain silent toward me, I will become like those who descend into the pit.
2. Hear, O Lord, the voice of my supplication, when I pray to you, when I lift up my hands toward your holy temple.
3. Do not draw me away together with sinners; and let me not perish with those who work iniquity, who speak peacefully to their neighbor, yet evils are in their hearts.
4. Give to them according to their works and according to the wickedness of their inventions. Assign to them according to the works of their hands. Repay them with their own retribution.
5. Since they have not understood the works of the Lord and the works of his hands, you will destroy them, and you will not build them up.
6. Blessed is the Lord, for he has heard the voice of my supplication.
7. The Lord is my helper and my protector. In him, my heart has hoped and I have been helped. And my flesh has flourished again. And from my will, I shall confess to him.
8. The Lord is the strength of his people and the protector of the salvation of his Christ.
9. O Lord, save your people and bless your inheritance, and reign over them and exalt them, even unto eternity.