1. A Canticle Psalm. To the sons of Korah, on the second Sabbath.
2. The Lord is great and exceedingly praiseworthy, in the city of our God, on his holy mountain.
3. Mount Zion is being founded with the exultation of the whole earth, on the north side, the city of the great king.
4. In her houses, God will be known, since he will support her.
5. For behold, the kings of the earth have been gathered together; they have convened as one.
6. Such did they see, and they were astonished: they were disturbed, they were moved.
7. Trembling took hold of them. In that place, their pains were that of a woman in labor.
8. With a vehement spirit, you will crush the ships of Tarshish.
9. As we have heard, so we have seen, in the city of the Lord of hosts, in the city of our God. God has founded it in eternity.
10. We have received your mercy, O God, in the midst of your temple.
11. According to your name, O God, so does your praise reach to the ends of the earth. Your right hand is full of justice.
12. Let mount Zion rejoice, and let the daughters of Judah exult, because of your judgments, O Lord.
13. Encircle Zion and embrace her. Discourse in her towers.
14. Set your hearts on her virtue. And distribute her houses, so that you may discourse of it in another generation.
15. For this is God, our God, in eternity and forever and ever. He will rule us forever.