1. A Prayer of David. Lord, listen to my justice, attend to my supplication. Pay attention to my prayer, which is not from deceitful lips.
2. Let my judgment proceed from your presence. Let your eyes behold fairness.
3. You have tested my heart and visited it by night. You have examined me by fire, and iniquity has not been found in me.
4. Therefore, may my mouth not speak the works of men. I have kept to difficult ways because of the words of your lips.
5. Perfect my steps in your paths, so that my footsteps may not be disturbed.
6. I have cried out because you, O God, have listened to me. Incline your ear to me and heed my words.
7. Make your mercies wonderful, for you save those who hope in you.
8. From those who resist your right hand, preserve me like the pupil of your eye. Protect me under the shadow of your wings,
9. from the face of the impious who have afflicted me. My enemies have surrounded my soul.
10. They have concealed their fatness; their mouth has been speaking arrogantly.
11. They have cast me out, and now they have surrounded me. They have cast their eyes down to the earth.
12. They have taken me, like a lion ready for the prey, and like a young lion dwelling in hiding.
13. Rise up, O Lord, arrive before him and displace him. Deliver my soul from the impious one: your spear from the enemies of your hand.
14. Lord, divide them from the few of the earth in their life. Their gut has been filled from your hidden stores. They have been filled with sons, and they have bequeathed to their little ones the remainder.
15. But as for me, I will appear before your sight in justice. I will be satisfied when your glory appears.