1. The understanding of David. A prayer, when he was in the cave.
2. With my voice, I cried out to the Lord. With my voice, I made supplication to the Lord.
3. In his sight, I pour out my prayer, and before him, I declare my tribulation.
4. Though my spirit may become faint within me, even then, you have known my paths. Along this way, which I have been walking, they have hidden a snare for me.
5. I considered toward the right, and I looked, but there was no one who would know me. Flight has perished before me, and there is no one who has concern for my soul.
6. I cried out to you, O Lord. I said: You are my hope, my portion in the land of the living.
7. Attend to my supplication. For I have been humbled exceedingly. Free me from my persecutors, for they have been fortified against me.
8. Lead my soul out of confinement in order to confess your name. The just are waiting for me, until you repay me.