1. A Psalm of Asaph. God has stood in the synagogue of gods, but, in their midst, he decides between gods.
2. How long will you judge unjustly and favor the faces of sinners?
3. Judge for the indigent and the orphan. Do justice to the humble and the poor.
4. Rescue the poor, and free the needy from the hand of the sinner.
5. They did not know and did not understand. They wander in darkness. All the foundations of the earth will be moved.
6. I said: You are gods, and all of you are sons of the Most High.
7. But you will die like men, and you will fall just like one of the princes.
8. Rise up, O God. Judge the earth. For you will inherit it with all the nations.