1. Alleluia! Praise the name of the Lord. O servants of the Lord,
2. praise him, you who serve in the house of the Lord, in the courts of the house of our God.
3. Praise the Lord, for he is good, praise his name, for it is beautiful;
4. for the Lord has chosen Jacob as his own, Israel as his possession.
5. I know that the Lord is great, that our Lord is above all gods.
6. Whatever the Lord pleases, he does - in heaven and on earth, in the seas and in their depths.
7. He raises clouds from the ends of the earth; he hurls down lightning with the rain; and from his vaults he lets loose the wind.
8. It was he who killed the firstborn in Egypt, both people and beasts.
9. It was he who worked signs and wonders in your land, O Egypt, against Pharaoh and all his officers.
10. He destroyed mighty nations and slew powerful kings -
11. Sihon, king of the Amorites, Og, king of Bashan, all the kings of Canaan.
12. He gave their land as an inheritance to Israel, his people.
13. Your name, O Lord, will endure forever; your renown, O Lord, throughout the ages.
14. For the Lord vindicates his people and shows mercy to his servants.
15. The nations' idols are but gold and silver, the work of human hands.
16. They have mouths that cannot speak, eyes that cannot see,
17. ears that cannot hear; neither is there breath in their mouths.
18. Their makers will be like them, so will all who trust in them.
19. Bless the Lord, house of Israel; bless the Lord, house of Aaron;
20. bless the Lord, house of Levi; bless the Lord, all you who fear him.
21. Blessed be the Lord from Zion, he who dwells in Jerusalem.