2. O God, you are my God, it is you I seek; for you my body longs and my soul thirsts, as a dry and weary land without water.
3. Thus have I gazed upon you in the sanctuary, to see your power and your glory.
4. Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
5. I will bless you as long as I live, lift up my hands and call on your name.
6. As with the richest food my soul will feast; my mouth will praise you with joyful lips.
7. When I remember you on my bed I think of you all through the night,
8. for you have been my help; I sing in the shadow of your wings.
9. My soul clings to you, your right hand upholds me.
10. In vain they are after my life, they will go down to the depths of the earth;
11. they will be delivered to the sword, and become the prey of jackals.
12. The king will rejoice in God. All who swear by God's name will boast: "At last slanderers' tongues have been silenced."