1. In the Lord I take refuge. How, then, can you say to me, "Flee to the mountains like a bird;
2. for the wicked are bending their bows and fit their arrows to the string. They get ready to shoot in the dark, they take aim at the upright of heart.
3. When foundations fall to ruin, what can the righteous do?"
4. The Lord is in his holy place - our God whose throne is in heaven. He looks down to earth to observe the race of Adam.
5. The Lord searches both righteous and wicked. He hates those who delight in violence.
6. Upon the wicked, he will rain coals of fire and brimstone; a burning blast will be their lot.
7. For the Lord is righteous; he loves justice. The upright will see his face.