1 John, 1
1. This is what has been from the beginning, and what we have heard and have seen with our own eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, I mean the Word who is Life...
2. The Life made itself known, we have seen Eternal Life and we bear witness, and we are telling you of it. It was with the Father and made himself known to us.
3. So we tell you what we have seen and heard, that you may be in fellowship with us, and us, with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
4. And we write this that you may have perfect joy.
5. We heard his message from him and announce it to you: God is light and there is no darkness in him.
6. If we say we are in fellowship with him, while we walk in darkness, we lie instead of being in truth.
7. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we are in fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, the Son of God, purifies us from all sin.
8. If we say, "We have no sin," we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
9. If we confess our sins, he who is faithful and just will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all wickedness.
10. If we say that we do not sin, we make God a liar, his word is not in us.