2. O Lord, rebuke me not in your rage, punish me not in your fury.
3. Your arrows have struck me; your hand has come down heavily upon me.
4. Your anger has spared no part of my body, my sin gives no peace to my bones.
5. For my transgressions overwhelm me; they weigh me down like an unbearable load.
6. My wounds stink and fester within me, the outcome of my sinful folly.
7. Stooped and bowed down, I go about mourning all day.
8. My loins burn, my flesh is diseased,
9. my body, worn out and utterly crushed; I groan in pain and anguish of heart.
10. All my longing, O Lord, is known to you; my sighing is not hidden from you.
11. My heart pounds as my strength ebbs; even the light has deserted my eyes.
12. My friends avoid me because of my wounds; my neighbors stay far off.
13. Those who seek my life lay snares for me; those who wish to hurt me speak of my ruin and plot against me all day long.
14. But like a deaf-mute, I neither hear nor open my mouth.
15. I am like one whose ears hear not and whose mouth has no answer.
16. For I put my trust in you, O Lord; you will answer for me, Lord God.
17. I pray, "Don't let them gloat over me, nor take advantage of my helplessness when my foot slips."
18. For I am about to fall, my pain is ever with me.
19. I confess my transgression, I repent of my sin.
20. Many are my foes; many are those who hate me for no reason,
21. those who pay me evil for good and harass me because I seek good.
22. Forsake me not, O Lord, stay not far from me, O my God.
23. Come quickly to help me, O Lord, my savior!