1. [For the choirmaster Poem Of David When Doeg the Edomite went and warned Saul, 'David has gone to Abimelech's house'] Why take pride in being wicked, you champion in villainy, all day long
2. plotting crime? Your tongue is razor-sharp, you artist in perfidy.
3. You prefer evil to good, lying to uprightness. Pause
4. You revel in destructive talk, treacherous tongue!
5. That is why God will crush you, destroy you once and for all, snatch you from your tent, uproot you from the land of the living.Pause
6. The upright will be awestruck as they see it, they will mock him,
7. 'So much for someone who would not place his reliance in God, but relied on his own great wealth, and made himself strong by crime.'
8. But I, like a flourishing olive tree in the house of God, put my trust in God's faithful love, for ever and ever.
9. I shall praise you for ever for what you have done, and shall trust in your name, so full of goodness, in the presence of your faithful.