1. [For the choirmaster For strings Psalm Of David] When I call, answer me, God, upholder of my right. In my distress you have set me at large; take pity on me and hear my prayer!
2. Children of men, how long will you be heavy of heart, why love what is vain and chase after illusions?Pause
3. Realise that Yahweh performs wonders for his faithful, Yahweh listens when I call to him.
4. Be careful not to sin, speak in your hearts, and on your beds keep silence.Pause
5. Loyally offer sacrifices, and trust in Yahweh.
6. Many keep saying, 'Who will put happiness before our eyes?' Let the light of your face shine on us. Yahweh,
7. to my heart you are a richer joy than all their corn and new wine.
8. In peace I lie down and at once fall asleep, for it is you and none other, Yahweh, who make me rest secure.